I ground my own almond flour for thisrecipe, so it had some larger bits of almond in it which I like- you can alwaysadd some nuts into yours if you like the extra crunch.
I am also submitting this recipe to the"OurSpunky Holiday" roundup.
Egg Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins
(gluten free, dairy free, soy free, grainfree, egg free)
2 Tbsp ground Organic Chia Seed meal
2 Tbsp Organic Flaxseed Meal
5 Tbsp boiling water
1 can organic pumpkin puree (15 oz/425g)
1/2 cup honey
1 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 cup almond flour (I ground my ownhere)
1/2 cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp baking soda
1.5 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350*F and grease your muffin pans (I made 12 large and 12 mini with this recipe)
- In your mixing bowl add the boiled water to the flax and chia meals (grind your chia first and then measure). Mix well then allow to gel for about 5 minutes while you assemble your dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla to the flax/chia combo and blend well (the heat of the water should melt it if your coconut oil is still solid)
- Add in your dry ingredients and blend just until incorporated, stopping once to scrape the bottom and sides with a spatula
- Pour into your muffin tins and bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven when the muffins are dark and look firm. Test with a toothpick, but it will still be a bit gooey.
**Allow yourMuffins to cool on a wire rack! I enjoyed them warm, but they will stillseem like they're not cooked if you don't let them fully cool. Store onthe counter for up to 2 days or in the fridge- it will get a little harder ifrefrigerated. Top with cashew-date frosting if you like once cooled (seebelow).
1 cup raw cashews
3 Tbsp coconut oil
Soak your cashews over night or in boilingwater (covered) for an hour or two. In another small bowl, your foodprocessor or blender bowl cover your halved dates with boiling water. Let soakuntil soft. Pour out the soaking water and reserve for later ifneeded. Blend the dates, cashews, and coconut oil until creamy. If youneed a bit more water to blend, add some of the date water. Place inrefrigerator just until chilled and then pipe or spread onto muffins.
Pin It Now!