Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Update: Soy free soy sauce!

Thanks to your comments as well as my dear friend Google Analytics, i know that my post on Soy (and wheat) Free Soy Sauce is interestingly, my most popular to date. So I thought I would update you all with some more info on the topic...

Coconut Secret's Coconut Aminos is definitely still fantastic and more widely available now, but I had also mentioned South River Miso Company which I finally did get to order from. 

They have two types of miso that are gluten and soy free: Chickpea Miso and Azuki Bean Miso.  These are good, and are aged 3 years.  They contain all sorts of vitamins, minerals, etc... I did notice these in My Organic Market as well.


Their "soy sauce" is an Azuki Bean Miso Tamari that is light and sweetish.  If you have problems with beans or rice these are not the products for you (try the coconut one) but I just wanted to let people know they're out there.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Thank you for this. I've been trying desperately to track down soya free soya sauce. My son has lots of allergies including soya and I am Chinese so cook a lot of chinese food. Chinese food NEEDS soya sauce.

    Thank you for this. Enjoying my little trip around your blog.

    Madison xxx

    ReplyDelete