Monday, November 17, 2008

Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free! - November's Theme






I am quite excited to announce that I will be hosting the November 'Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free' roundup...

If you're not familiar, Go Ahead Honey was started by Naomi of Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried. Each month, a theme is chosen by the host and exciting and delicious gluten-free submissions are posted. Past themes have included breakfast, one pot meals, raw food, and more. I recently contributed my first submission to the slow food theme for September HERE.

So after much thought, I am pleased to announce that this month's theme will be: "Food from Your Childhood." To further elaborate, I was trying to come up with a theme that would capture winter, home, and comfort food... This could mean many different things to different people, but to me the idea of home kept reoccurring. So take some time and think about what food makes you feel at home, gives you that nostalgic feeling, or makes you warm and fuzzy :) It might just be from another person's home as well-- for instance, a childhood trip to grandma's house. Other examples can be a holiday recipe, a family tradition, tasty warm drink, or something your mom clipped out of the newspaper or from the back of a box like mine did. Naturally gluten-free, or one you've adapted. I love the creativity that everyone shares with the Go Ahead Honey themes and can't wait to see what everyone posts!

Please send your gluten-free submissions to me by December 5th. You can email me a picture of your dish as well as a link to your recipe at: nooshins [at] gmail [dot] com. I will post the roundup shortly thereafter! Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. This is a great theme. I'll have to reminisce and think about what foods from my childhood or maybe my husband's childhood (he's the GF man I cook for) would be a good entry. Thanks for hosting and coming up with such an interesting theme. I love participating in GAHIGF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I will try to come up with something. December 5th, yikes, I'd better get cracking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your theme! I am excited to join in again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. elizabeth- yay! i'm so happy you're going to participate, you always share great recipes on your blog. if you need help with gluten info let me know :) oohh-- and maybe something nepali??

    heacollins- i'm excited too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just submitted my entry, can't wait to see the roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just posted mine. This is so fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete